How to build a WordPress database table | lynda.com

This WordPress tutorial discusses how to make a new database table with the Create Table statement. Watch more at http://www.lynda.com/WordPress-tutorials/creating-custom-widgets-and-plugins/68626-2.html?utm_medium=viral&utm_source=youtube&utm_campaign=videoupload-68626-0604

This specific tutorial is just a single movie from chapter six of the WordPress: Creating Custom Widgets and Plugins with PHP course presented by lynda.com author Drew Falkman. The complete WordPress: Creating Custom Widgets and Plugins with PHP course has a total duration of 3 hours and 51 minutes, and provides an in-depth look at the tasks related to WordPress add-ons: installing and administering, building and customizing, creating editable options and database tables, working with posts and pages, and utilizing jQuery and AJAX

WordPress: Creating Custom Widgets and Plugins with PHP table of contents:

Introduction
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding WordPress Plugin Basics
3. Building a WordPress Plugin
4. Using and Creating WordPress Widgets
5. Plugin Options and Administration
6. Using the WordPress Database
7. The Loop, Posts, and Pages
8. The WordPress Plugin Lifecycle
9. Security and Extensibility
Conclusion

Comments

Suraj Mali says:

Getting an error " Plugin is activated but data-table is not created" and also it's triggeered any fatal error.

Dat Tilson says:

Are you retarded? specify that this is a PHP tutorial, would have saved me hours of searching for this if you mentioned it in the title.

Malaya Acharya says:

Getting an error "Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error." is there any solution for this. Please share

bryan 2218 says:

wow nice tutorial.. keep it up!! Thank you

Chaitanya Acurax says:

Rajesh W says:

Nice tutorial +Drew Falkman … Thankyou so much for elaborately explaining and when I followed the same steps the Table is not been created… Can you help?

Oscar Reeve says:

I am a web developer and I just made a series of 55 video tutorials about wordpress. It really is the most complete wordpress package of 2013. visit my channel and find a link I posted for this course

Marcus Keiper says:

I have created a lot of wordpress websites and from my experience I can tell you that WordPress configuration can be a huge hassle and most marketers get it wrong. So I decided to record every detail of my work in a video course. watch this video: ===> /watch?v=ADq7H0bA4MM <– or go to my channel to watch it